Co-sponsored Scholarship Programme
MICHELIN-INSTITUT FRANÇAIS EN INDE 2013-2015
Call for application
Please read this document carefully before filling up the application form
Scholarship co-sponsored by MICHELIN – INSTITUT FRANÇAIS EN INDE
On 30th November 2011, Institut Français en Inde and Michelin decided to create a programme for hosting and supporting meritorious foreign students in France. This is part of the “INSTITUT FRANÇAIS EN INDE “corporate” programme of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is based on a public-private partnership. The specificity of this programme lies in the creation of optimal and personalized conditions for hosting Indian students and jointly selecting candidates with Michelin India and French higher education partner institutions. The Michelin-Institut Français en Inde co-financed scholarship programme is aimed at Indian students who have secured a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology and are willing to enrol in France for a Master’s degree programme of 2 years of higher studies. Students from India alone are eligible for this programme. Candidates with dual nationality will not be eligible for this programme if they hold French nationality.
For the academic year 2013-2015, 5 scholarships will be awarded.
FOR WHAT KIND OF STUDIES?
The Michelin-Institut Français en Inde co-financed study scholarship will be awarded for two years of studies in France for the Master’s degree programme, in the following areas:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Production Engineering
In one of the following French higher education institutions:
- IFMA (Institut Français de Mécanique avancée)
- ENSCCF (Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Clermont Ferrand)
The course fees will be borne by Michelin India.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES ON OFFER?
If you are selected for the co-sponsored Michelin-Institut Français en Inde scholarship programme, you will receive:
from Michelin India:
- you will be given 2 months intensive French language courses at Alliance Française de Chennai co-sponsored by the company with a fixed contribution from Institut Français en Inde;
- international travel expenses (India-Paris-India) for 1000 Euros;
- a single and total scholarship of 615 € per month for a period of 24 months of the programme;
- cultural integration package at CAVILAM and placement of the student in a host family for one month;
- a tutorial with the company;
- internship after the 1st year of Master’s outside the company;
- offer for internship after 2nd year Master’s/end of course project shall be undertaken within Michelin;
- career counselling at the conclusion of your stay in France.
from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, sponsored by Institut Français en Inde:
- social security and medical insurance cover, conferring the status of a French Government scholar, and all the advantages linked to such a status (facilitation of visa application procedure, chance to participate in cultural activities organized by Campus France, etc.)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You are eligible for this scholarship programme if:
- you hold Indian nationality;
- you are not over 28 years of age in the selection year;
- you are not already a French Government scholarship holder;
- your application for a French Government scholarship has not been rejected during any previous evaluation procedure.
- students with dual citizenship are not eligible;
- candidates applying for apprenticeship courses or refresher courses will be rejected outright;
- command over the French language is not a prerequisite but one of the goals to be attained at the end of your stay in France. It may be mandatory at your host institution;
when is the selection taking place?
- By 15 March 2013, the last date for receiving applications, you should have sent your application along with the requisite documents, in a computerized format (Word or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Between 1 and 15 April 2013 pre-selection procedure, Institut Français en Inde will indicate whether you have been pre-selected to the chosen programme and send you an interview letter to appear for a personal interview in Chennai/Delhi, India.
- Between 16 and 30 April 2013, a selection committee meeting will be held in India under the authority of Institut Français en Inde. The committee will comprise representatives of the Institut Français en Inde, Michelin and the partners of the French Higher Education Institution of the programme. The interview letter you will have received will be for the selection committee meeting on the said date. At the conclusion of this meeting, the tentative list of successful candidates will be announced, subject to final admission to the chosen French higher education institution.
The final list of successful candidates will be published on the websites of the Michelin, Institut Français en Inde and the Campus France in India.
HOW DOES THE SELECTION TAKE PLACE?
The following are the criteria taken into consideration:
- the excellence of the candidate as borne out by his/her academic record;
- statement of purpose or letter of motivation
- statement of objectives of your future career plans upon completion of your Master’s degree in France;
In case of applicants with equal levels of merit, the programme will give preference to the candidate of modest means.
The deliberations of the committee are not open to any form of external communication whatsoever. Its decision is final. It will not state any reason for its decisions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download the application form for scholarship from the website of Campus France in India (www.india.campusfrance.org ) fill it in, sign it, scan it in along with the requisite documents PDF format and send it to email@example.com
DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION:
- a 1 page of your curriculum vitae, in French or English;
- a set of copies of Academic Degree certificates and mark sheets (Final year students are required to get an evaluation form filled by the university in India where he/she is currently studying);
- birth certificate or school leaving certificate where date of birth is mentioned along with the names of the parents;
- statement of purpose (SOP) or letter of motivation: stating reasons for choosing France, France’s contribution in your domain of interest and your motivation for joining this scholarship programme;
- 2 pages statement of objectives of your future career plans upon completion of your Master’s degree in France;
- 1 Passport size photograph affixed on the front page of the application;
- 2 letters of recommendation
Institut Français en Inde:
For more details, please contact Mr. Ashok Kumar Charoth, Scholarship Cell,
Institut Français Inde, ☏ (91) 011 30 41 00 33, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Website of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
Website of the École Nationale Supérieure de chimie de Clermont Ferrand (ENSCCF):
Website of the Institut Français de Mécanique Avancée (IFMA):
Information on being hosted in France
and social security and medical insurance cover: