Step by Step Visa Procedure
Here below is the information you will require to apply for the French student visa. Please note however, that the visa is granted at the sole discretion of the Consulate General of France.
If you are an Indian citizen or legal resident, over the age of 18, desirous of pursuing your studies at a French instition of higher education, for a period longer than 3 months (90 days), you must complete the Campus France application process prior to applying for the French visa.
The categories are as follows:
- Full time programs (Under graduate/Master’s level/Twinning degrees (dual degree))
- Erasmus Mundus programs
- Student exchange programs (less than 3 months)
- French language learning programs (less than 3 months)
- Internship programs which are part of an Undergraduate/Master’s level program (less than 3 months)
Folloing is the Step by step procedure
STEP 1: Online Registration
- Log on to www.india.campusfrance.org. At the "Register on line" box click on Create Your Account.
- In the new window, fill up the account creastion form, choosing your password as per the requirements. You will receive your unique Campus France Registration Number (ex. IN60XXXX) and the User ID/ Password.
- To access your account, go to www.india.campusfrance.org. In the Register on line box, click on ‘Enter Your Account’. Log in using the given Username (id) / Password.
- Click on Campus France Form, under My File on the left. Fill the Academic records, Language skills & CV+SOP sections. Upload documents [CV/Resume, Photograph, Academic Records (Marksheets & Certificates)]. Ensure that all four fields in the Validation tab indicate “Complete” but DO NOT CLICK ON “SAVE” at the bottom of this page.
- Send your file number (Ex. IN60XXXX) to the assigned Campus France office to get your file reviewed & to request an appointment.
STEP 2 : The Academic Interview
- Contact the nearest Campus France office and request an appointment for the academic interview via email or phone. (Or click on: Contact us)
- You will have to appear in person for the academic interview with the Campus France advisor, during which you will be required to explain your reasons for choosing France and the institution where you have been admitted. You must also carry All mandatory documents (originals + one set of photocopies) and the Campus France fee payment receipt (Ref: Campus France Fee Payment Procedure)
- The photocopies will be verified against the originals and returned to you at the end of the interview, along with an Interview completion certificate from the Campus France advisor.
STEP 3 : Schedule an appointment with VFS - France for document submission
- After the academic interview, please schedule an appointment with VFS-France, to submit your documents (photocopies) and passport (original).
- Go to www.vfs-france.co.in to schedule the appointment online or via telephone.
- List of documents to be submitted for:
For further assistance, contact the nearest Campus France office, or click on Contact us
WHEN TO APPLY
|STATE IN INDIA WHERE YOU BELONG||CONSULATE / CONSULATE GENERAL OF FRANCE TO WHICH YOU WILL HAVE TO APPLY|
|Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, CHANDIGARH||NEW DELHI|
2/50 E Shantipath – Chanakyapuri, Delhi 110021
Tel: (11) 43 19 61 00 Fax: (11) 43 19 61 19
|Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, DADRA AND NAGAR HAVELI, DAMANAND DIU||MUMBAI|
Wockhardt Towers, East Wing, 5th Floor
Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400 051
Tel: (022)66 69 40 00, Fax: (022)66 69 40 66
|TAMIL NADU, KERALA, PONDICHERRY||PONDICHERRY|
2, rue de la Marin, Pondicherry 605 001
Tel: (0413)223 10 0, Fax: (0413)223 10 01
|KARNATAKA, ANDHRA PRADESH||BANGALORE|
21, Palace Road - Vasanthnaga, Bangalore 560 052
Tel: (080)22 14 12 00
|Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Sikkim, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Chattisgarh||KOLKATA|
21 C Raja Santosh Road – Alipore, Kolkata 700 027
Tel: (33)40 16 32 0, Fax: (33)40 16 32 01