Short Stay Visa (less than 90 days)
II SHORT STAY VISA
- One short stay application form duly completed and signed.
- Short stay – for duration of less than 90 days, the “Schengen” visa form should be completed
- Download the application form on the www.vfs-france.co.in/downloadvisaforms.html
Note: Your mobile number must be mentioned in the application form. The accredited travel agents must mention the applicant’s mobile number and not their own nor the travel agency’s one.
- Two passport size photographs of the past 3 months meeting set standards – one must be attached to the application form (Size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, with clear background).
- Passport: a full national private passport or official travel document with a minimum of three months validity beyond the validity of the requested visa, with two blank visa pages with the mention “visa” to affix the visa sticker. The passport should be issued less than 10 years ago.
- One copy of the passport mentioning personal identity and validity extension informations, “note on remarks” page and all the pages which contain previous Schengen and valid US, U.K visas.
- Old passports: if you own one or more former passports, you must bring them.
- A print out of your CampusFrance ID number, if any
- A letter of registration from a French Academic Institution or a certificate testifying that you will follow an European Union Training Programme or proof of scholarship
- Cover letter explaining the study project and your motivation, including a short curriculum vitae.
- One copy of your degrees / diplomas and certificates
- Proof of resources: a copy of the last year income tax papers + last 3 months bank statement and salary slips or a letter of support issued by a sponsor who must prove that he has sufficient and regular resources (last 3 months bank statement and salary slips)
Note: holders of a scholarship are not concerned. A certificate mentioning the amount and the duration of the scholarship is only required.
- Proof of medical insurance: photocopy of overseas medical insurance policy + repatriation and evacuation cover (equivalent to 30 000 euros). You must show the original insurance for verification at the time of submission of your visa application form
- Copy of your air ticket or PNR (booking print out)
- Accommodation during the first three months of the stay: (à verifier)
- Proof of residency in France such as lease, electricity bill, title of property (original + photocopy)
- Hotel: confirmed reservation
- Accommodation provided by an individual : “attestation d’accueil”
- Accommodation is in an establishment (or in an institution) or provided by an establishment (or an institution): attestation by the establishment or the institution.
Note: in any case, you must provide the address of your residence once you arrive in France
- Student under 18: the visa application must include an authorization from both parents to travel alone. The authorization has to be certified by an entitled Indian authority and enclose copy of the parents' identity
- Applicants are requested by the French authorities to provide with either a photocopy of certificate from their school or university or any other document as a proof of their enrolment as a student.
- The photocopy of certificate from school or university or any other proof of professional or educative occupation is also requested whenever a young person over 18 is depending on his parents for the living expenses
- In some cases, you will be asked to bring original and/or additional documents
- If you are self employed, you will need to submit proof of business (firm registration or partnership deed)
- All your faxes must be standardized in an A4 size paper
- A copy of the wedding certificate is required if the wifes’s passport mentions her maiden name
- Your application must be supported by a copy if the mandatory documents. If you have received a fax, you must copy and attach it to your application
- No visa will be issued on additional pages
- Children must travel with their own passports
- Time process: usually from 2 to 3 weeks
- VISA Fee: 60 euros / 4110 INR (to be paid in cash at the time of depositing the application file)