Long stay visa (more than 90 days)
Here below is the information you will require to apply for the French student visa. Please note however, that the visa is granted at the sole discretion of the Consulate General of France.
If you are an Indian citizen or legal resident, over the age of 18, desirous of pursuing your studies at a French instition of higher education, for a period longer than 3 months (90 days), you must complete the Campus France application process prior to applying for the French visa.
The categories are as follows:
- Full time programs (Under graduate/Master’s level/Twinning degrees (dual degree))
- Erasmus Mundus programs
- Student exchange programs (less than 3 months)
- French language learning programs (less than 3 months)
- Internship programs which are part of an Undergraduate/Master’s level program (less than 3 months)
Folloing is the Step by step procedure
STEP 1: Online Registration to ETUDES EN FRANCE
- Log on to www.india.campusfrance.org. In the "Register on line" box click on Create Your Account.
- In the new window, fill the account creation form. You will receive an email requesting you to choose your password as per the requirements. Note Campus France Registration Number (ex. INXX-XXXX)
- To access your account, go to www.india.campusfrance.org. In the Register on line box, click on ‘Enter Your Account’. Log in using the chosen Username (id) / Password.
- Click on Applicant if you wish to apply to French Institutions through the portal OR Admitted Candidate, if you already hold an admission letter. Fill your personal information, academic records, language skills & CV+SOP sections. Upload documents [CV/Resume, Photograph, Passport, Academic Records (Marksheets & Certificates)].
- Wait for the Campus France advisor to reviewed your file and cann you for an appointment.
You may upload the detailed guideline on your account creation and file submission here:
STEP 2 : The Academic Interview
- Your Campus France office will contact you for an appointment for the academic interview (Or click on: Contact us)
- You will have to appear in person for the academic interview with the Campus France advisor, during which you will be required to explain your reasons for choosing France and the institution where you have been admitted. You must also carry All mandatory documents (originals + one set of photocopies) and the Campus France fee payment receipt (Ref: Campus France Fee Payment Procedure)
- The photocopies will be verified against the originals and returned to you at the end of the interview, along with an Interview completion certificate from the Campus France advisor.
STEP 3 : Schedule an appointment with VFS - France for document submission
- After the academic interview, please schedule an appointment with VFS-France, to submit your documents (photocopies) and passport (original).
- Go to www.vfs-france.co.in to schedule the appointment online or via telephone.
- List of documents to be submitted for:
For further assistance, contact the nearest Campus France office, or click on Contact us
WHEN TO APPLY
|STATE IN INDIA WHERE YOU BELONG||CONSULATE / CONSULATE GENERAL OF FRANCE TO WHICH YOU WILL HAVE TO APPLY|
|Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, CHANDIGARH||NEW DELHI|
2/50 E Shantipath – Chanakyapuri, Delhi 110021
Tel: (11) 43 19 61 00 Fax: (11) 43 19 61 19
|Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, DADRA AND NAGAR HAVELI, DAMANAND DIU||MUMBAI|
Wockhardt Towers, East Wing, 5th Floor
Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400 051
Tel: (022)66 69 40 00, Fax: (022)66 69 40 66
|TAMIL NADU, KERALA, PONDICHERRY||PONDICHERRY|
2, rue de la Marin, Pondicherry 605 001
Tel: (0413)223 10 0, Fax: (0413)223 10 01
|KARNATAKA, ANDHRA PRADESH||BANGALORE|
21, Palace Road - Vasanthnaga, Bangalore 560 052
Tel: (080)22 14 12 00
|Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Sikkim, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Chattisgarh||KOLKATA|
21 C Raja Santosh Road – Alipore, Kolkata 700 027
Tel: (33)40 16 32 0, Fax: (33)40 16 32 01