Charpak - Research Internship Program 2017
This program is designed for all students of economics, engineering and natural science background at the Bachelor’s or Master’s levels planning to pursue training at a French laboratory during their academic break (May to July).
- Student visa fee waiver
- Monthly stipend of 310 euros for maximum 3 months (May to July) is provided by the Embassy.
- Medical insurance coverage (approx 300 euros)
- Assistance to find affordable student accommodation
*Some institutions provide an allowance of 550 euros to interns in France interning for more than 8 weeks. However, the applicant needs to check with the host institution for the allowance.
|If you have questions regarding the Charpak scholarship program, please contact us by e-mail:|
Please note that no reason will be given for rejection of an application. The French Embassy is not obliged to respond to candidates whose applications are incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- be an Indian national residing in India at the time of application
- not be more than 30 years old at the time of application
- be currently enrolled at an Indian institution of higher learning in a bachelors/masters program.
- be in possession of an admission/acceptance letter from a French laboratory where the research internship will be carried out.
- the duration of the internship must not be less than 2 months and must not exceed 3 months, i.e., during May-July 2017
Please note that final semester project and laboratory research at a partner institute in France is not applicable.
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. There is no CGPA / percentage cut-off for the scholarship.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Download
Download the application form - Research Internship
Step 2: Complete
Read your application form carefully. Fill each section of the Word format document by using Arial, font size 12. Do not alter the format of the application form.
Your statement of purpose should explain why you chose the French institution to which you have applied or been admitted, as well as how would the internship program add value in your further studies or in launching your career. Explain why you would be a worthy candidate for the scholarship. Your response to each question for your statement of purpose should not exceed 250 words. Important – Please ensure that your statement of purpose is the reflection of your own thoughts.
Step 3: Submit
- Send the following documents to email@example.com :
- Application form duly filled, signed, printed and scanned
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
- Your full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution / laboratory. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them. Please note that you have to approach a laboratory on your own, as per your research interest before applying for the scholarship.
- •Attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor's and Master's degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- French language certificate if any (from Alliance Française in India or any recognised university or Xth marks card if French was your second language)
- NOC from your Indian institution – it should mention that you are a student there, and are selected for the internship and that your Indian institution has no objection to your internship. The name of French institution needs to be mentioned.
The subject of your message to firstname.lastname@example.org should mention the type of program you are applying to i.e. Research Internship Program. Photos of documents instead of clear scans will not be accepted.
Deadline for submission of Application: March 2017
Results: April 2017
Awardees of the scholarship will be contacted via email or phone call; the results will be put up on http://www.inde.campusfrance.org/en/page/charpak