Charpak - Master's Program
This scholarship is designed for one to two years of studies in France at the Master’s degree level.
- Student visa fee waiver (approx. 16500 INR)
- Monthly stipend of 615€ for up to 10 months (= 1 academic year, you can reapply for a second year)
- Medical insurance coverage(around 300 euros/year)
- Affordable student housing guaranteed
- Laptop allowance of 700€
|If you have questions regarding the Charpak scholarship program, please contact us by e-mail:|
Please note that no reason will be given for rejection of an application. The French Embassy is not obliged to respond to candidates whose applications are incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- be an Indian national and reside in India.
- be a student currently enrolled at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
- be 30 years old maximum
- the course must take place in France. If you have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
- An exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may reapply for a second year of funding in order to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level and a new statement of purpose.
- Non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship.
Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. There is no CGPA / percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. A tie-up between your current Indian institution and your future French institution will also be an asset.
How to Apply
Step 1: Download
Download the application form from the bottom of this page
Step 2: Complete
Read the application form carefully and fill each section of the Word format document by using Arial, font size 10. Do not alter the format of the application form.
Your statement of purpose should explain why you chose the French institution to which you have applied or have been admitted, as well as your future plans upon completion of the course. Explain why you would be a worthy candidate for the scholarship. Mention how you initially came to know about the Charpak program. Your statement of purpose should be one page long (maximum length). Important - ensure that your statement of purpose is original.
Step 3: Submit
Send the following documents to email@example.com :
- application form duly filled, signed, printed and scanned
- scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
- your full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
- Attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor's and Master's degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- French language certificate if any (from Alliance Française in India or any recognised university or Xth marks card if French was your second language)
The subject of your message to firstname.lastname@example.org should mention the type of program you are applying to i.e. Masters. Photos of documents instead of clear scans will not be accepted.
Application status : OPEN
Deadline for submission of application : 5th June 2016, Sunday
results can be checked here: http://www.inde.campusfrance.org/en/page/charpak